ABB Advant daylight saving

W

Will

Hi,

We have ABB Advant OCS and next change of daylight saving to standard time. I want to change all our OS, IMS, AC160 and AC450 controllers to read standard time simultaneously.

One of our AC450 is clock master and other is backup. External clock is also connected to both of these controllers but I don't think the external clock is in synch with GPS because it doesn't shows any satellites.

Can somebody provide me a detailed procedure to how to achieve this. because what I found in ABB docs is how to change time or DST in OS only what about the controllers??

Thanks
Will

Yep, TZ issues are quite common in Advant controller networks if they are not set up properly.

In an Advant controller you change the time using on-line builder and the command SDATIME.

If you do this on the active clock master then the MB300 network will synch to that controller. If you do this on a controller that can become a clock master, then it should become the clock master and synch the network.

In your case, because you have an external GPS clock, you really should try to make sure that it is working correctly and that your Timzone is configured correctly as this will auto-magically sort your time change at 3am.

And once you've got it working properly, document it and don't let anyone mess with it again.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz

In our case the ext gps is connected to one of the operator station. It sysn the system time of op.station which in turn sync. the advacommand software time and which in turn sync. the master ac450 plc.