ABB Bailey INFI90 Configuration and Testing

T

Tracy Barber

Hi,

Looking for some suggestions for ABB Bailey INFI90 configuration/programming software. This would be used for test and verification of INFI90 modules only. We would like to be able to configure the old MFC and MFP controllers, as well as the newer controllers in the ABB Bailey line.

Our only previous experience was with the Bailey Text EWS software (Dos based) from the early 90's.

Thanks,
Tracy

> We would like to be able to configure the old MFC and MFP controllers, as well
> as the newer controllers in the ABB Bailey line.

If you are looking for spanning "old" to "newer", depending on your definition of new, go to ABB and get Composer.

The "newest" BRC410 is not supported by older engineering applications. The latest version of Composer will run in Windows7-Server 2008.

I have never heard of a third party engineering package for this DCS line. DBDoc, while a fantastic troubleshooting application, is not in the configuration space, and plays nicely with Composer.

The other thing to consider for testing purposes would be the Harmony soft controller. You could run both on a computer (or networked computers) and create your own simulation model. There are some third party Harmony emulators out there, but I have not used any. ABB is releasing new function codes as part of the Symphony Plus release, and I would imagine that third party models would always be a step behind the OEM.

John