ABB's DCS controllers

A

Arnold Brouwer

I am involved in new project where old MP100 and MP260 controllers are to be replaced. Can somebody tell me the main advantages / disadvantages between the current available controllers of ABB where the purpose of control is a watertreatment plant with the possibility of having TTD logs and trending to an IMS.

P

Philippe Landre

Arnold,

Your question is not that Easy to answer. General speaking the AC800C controller is part of the latest controllers series released by ABB. Its part of the Control IT suite. Spontaneously I think your solution is towards this platform, Partly because it includes a series of products that make up a real DCS system and partly because of the backward compatibility of many of the components with the Master Piece series products. The choice of products is of course very much depending on your application needs. I suggest that you contact your local ABB office to get an update on the functionality of the different systems and ask them to tell you more about the advantages with Industrial IT. You can find addresses on the ABB web site "WWW.ABB.COM":http://www.abb.com