ABB's DCS

G

gowri

Which is powerful in ABB... Is 800xA or Freelance..?

Here which is a DCS controller..?

T

Torulf Wiberg

Both can be considered integrated or DCS systems. The larger system is the 800xA both in terms of size, functionality and complexity.

I believe that ABB markets, at least in Sweden, the Freelance as "the world's smallest DCS" or something of similar wording.

/T

-------------------------------------------------------
Torulf Wiberg                 
Deterministic Control AB      
Derbyvägen 6E                 
SE-212 35 Malmö
SWEDEN

Hi Wiberg,

Thanks for your reply....!

And how does the Melody / symphony controllers differ from 800xA......?

Regards,

Gowri

T

Torulf Wiberg

Gowri,

800xA is not a controller but a system. There are a number of controllers that are part of the system such as AC800M or AC870P (Symphony Melody).

/T

-------------------------------------------------------
Torulf Wiberg                 
Deterministic Control AB      
Derbyvägen 6E                 
SE-212 35 Malmö
SWEDEN

Hi,

I've read in an article that, ABB has 7 DCS .. Can u Pls. give the details / list...?

Regards,

M. Gowri Sankar

Maybe article was history related. Recent years ABB introduced 800xA and now this is the DCS which they focused on. All of the hardware which could you possible imagine is part of the system.

Transmitters, power distribution equipment, drives, etc, etc. I guess that will be the system for upcoming decade. Regards - Stefanov Stefan

ABB still have several different control systems. 800xA is the HMI and engineering system that they are using to link them all together. The AC800M is the controller that is most commonly sold with 800xA for new projects. The main product lines are ..

Bailey / Harmony / Symphony
Freelance / AC800F
AC800M
AC700
Advant Master
Advant MOD
DCI System 6

Although ABB is now promoting 800xA, all their product lines are still available.

They also have some low voltage PLC products like AC31 & AC500 series that are not integrated into 800xA

G

Gowri Sankar M

Hi, Can Freelance 2000 system be updated / upgraded with latest software / firmwares......???

Regards,

M. Gowri Sankar

S

SARWESH MISHRA

Hi,
mr gowri it has upgraded before a month ago, u can check out with ABB website in products.

Regards
SARWESH MISHRA

S

SAPNESH SHAH

i have loading whole station problem from engineering station. After loading 5% error occurs. what must be the problem.

> i have loading whole station problem from engineering station. After loading
> 5% error occurs. what must be the problem.

What is the error description in dialog box?
Check your ID's in Configure and in project.
Did you try removing of battery and downloading
of project at new?
Give us more details.

Kindest Regards.

A

Alejandro Raudales

> i have loading whole station problem from engineering station. After loading
> 5% error occurs. what must be the problem.

Once I had the same problem, check for Memory configuration, also is good to split the program in several task's.

But also let us know if you have any message when download.