AC800M redundant controller

V

Vikas

I have ABB - PM861 redundant controller. While setting the IP address for them via IPconfig tool. I m able to set the IP Add server as available controller. I can't even ping the second controller.. Please help.

If you cant ping the secondary controller IP addresses then it sounds like you have either configured the address wrongly or have a network issue.

To check the IP addresses are configured, connect your laptop directly to the primary and secondary controllers with a crossover ethernet cable. For each port, configure the corresponding IP address and subnet on your PC and and check that you get a 10Meg connection and that you can ping the controller.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz

V

Vikas Dhiman

Thanks for reply. I think I m wrong in setting the IP. Can you please tell me the Procedure that how to set IP for Primary and Secondary Controller. I m confused in Primary Ethernet Address and Set Backup IP Command. In which Ehternet 1 and Ethernet 2 are there. What would be the address for CN1 and CN2. Please help.

Vikas,

It is VERY important that you understand how RNRP addresses are used by 800xA. RNRP is extremely important to 800xA and must be configured correctly or your redundancy will not function properly. You must carefully design your ip addresses for the entire network.

You should review the on-line Help available in the ipconfig tool you are using to program the ip addresses and also read the "Automation System Network" manual Section 3 (ABB Document number is 3BSE034463).

I would strongly recommend that you use "implicit addressing" to automatically create secondary ip addresses and subnets from your chosen primary address. This means your control net IP addresses will be in the range 172.16.x.x and 172.17.x.x

If you cannot do this because you or your customer place limits on the ip address range, then you must configure RNRP manually on EVERY controller and Server in the system.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz