Accumulated error using EMC

D

Donald D. McKee

I have a salvaged New Hermes Vangard 3400 engreaver, got no electronics just the mechanical hardware, that I am using as a CNC router using EMC running on a Win95 machine. I use this machine to mill small wooden parts for the wooden models that I build. For the most part I am thrilled with this setup but I do accumulate error - only in the positive Y direction - when running long files. Is anybody out there runing a similar setup and do you have the same problem or is it just me? I have checked the mechanics and I am fairly certain that the error is not due to a mechanical problem.

B

Bob Peterson

If this is a stepper motor it may be that you are stalling the motor when running in this direction.

Try slowing down the speed a bit.

Bob Peterson

My engraver definitely uses steppers, the problem occurs only on the Y axis, only in the positive direction, and it occurs at all feed rates. This is a hobby application and the error is irritating under most conditions, most of my milling files are only a few hundred lines long and the error is within acceptable limits. It is unacceptable when I am trying to engrave text, all the text flows uphill.

Thanks,
Don