ACS880 RPBA-01 Emulation

Hi all;

We have been use ACS800 drives for a long time over Profibus by its RPBA-01 module.

ACS800 drives will not produced anymore. So, we began to use ABB ACS880 drives. ACS880 uses FPBA-01 adapter module for profibus.

I try to communicate ABB ACS880 drive with DCS using RPBA-01 emulation without changing the configuration on DCS. Communication protocol is PROFIBUS DP.

As it is said at FPBA manual, when you change parameter 51.07 RPBA-01 Emulate enable, without changing any configuration on DCS or PLC, ACS880 drives can communicate with DCS.

I changed all parameters according to manual. Leds on the module indicates that, network is OK but communication is lost.

Anyone can help me about this?

Thanks a lot..
Sedat

Hi all;

We have been use ACS800 drives for a long time over Profibus by its RPBA-01 module.

ACS800 drives will not produced anymore. So, we began to use ABB ACS880 drives. ACS880 uses FPBA-01 adapter module for profibus.

I try to communicate ABB ACS880 drive with DCS using RPBA-01 emulation without changing the configuration on DCS. Communication protocol is PROFIBUS DP.

As it is said at FPBA manual, when you change parameter 51.07 RPBA-01 Emulate enable, without changing any configuration on DCS or PLC, ACS880 drives can communicate with DCS.

I changed all parameters according to manual. Leds on the module indicates that, network is OK but communication is lost.

Anyone can help me about this?

Thanks a lot..
Sedat
Actually, I have to do the same thing but the model of the drive is different. ACS550 is already installed with RPBA module. Now, we wanted to replace this drive with the upgraded one which is ACS580.

After mechanical and electrical installation, I just reset drive to the factory setting. As there are three indications on FPBA module. Two of them are green only one LED was red. This second LED shows the status of the module. As soon as I turned on the emulation mode. This LED turns to green.

After this I entered the motor data and FBA (Fieldbus Adapter) parameters to drive exactly same as in ACS550 drive and minor other settings like ramp time etc.

Now, this drive was ready without changing anything from PLC side.