Active Alarms Limit in Factory Link

J

Jan Kwiatos

I am developing a FactoryLink application with a lot of alarms. Does anyone know the way to get round the 721 active alarms limit?. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hi Jan,
I answer you:

a) There is no way to increase or have more than 721 active alarms. Keep in mind that you can have and configure as many alarms as you want but only 721 can be handled if these are active at the same time (and showed in the alarm viewer or ActiveX Control).

b) There is a trick to have more active alarms but these won't be visible but still logged.
To carry out it, use the Alarm Hide Tag into some of your alarms groups and set it to a value of 2 ("Log to database, but do not put in active alarm list").

It all depends on your needs of course!.

c) Try to prioritize the alarms so that the important alarms have the highest priority. It is very importante because after the 721 active alarms have been reached the lowest priority alarms are purged INSTEAD OF the oldest ones.

d) Try to hide alarms groups when the application is just starting up, wait 2-3 I/O scans in order to read real values from PLCs and later unhide/active your groups one by one.

The documentation can give you more detalis about what I have told you above.

Best regards.

Saludos.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]