Active Line Module fault F06500 and no communication

A

Azeem Anwer

We have an issue at a client's plant. They have a very extensive SINAMICS S120 environment. One of the Active Line Module (6SL3130-7TE28-0AA3) have serious issues.

Initially it stopped communicating with its CU320. The problem disappeared itself after a couple of days.

Then it developed F06500 fault. We examined the r24 using STARTER and found that the line frequency measured by the ALM was varying between 150 and 200. The frequency measured using oscilloscope at the input of the unit was found to be 50.6 Hz.

We then thought to change the parameter P0857 (power unit monitoring time) from 20 sec to 60 sec to allow us more time to examine the unit during the start-up. We then downloaded the configuration and parameters to the target. We also unchecked the “Copy RAM to ROM” option. The downloading did not finish properly and error appeared telling that the Infeed was not communicating with its CU320.

After that we made several attempts including swapping the DRIVE-CLiQ connector, re-downloading the parameters, etc. but so far we have not been able to re-establish the communication between CU320 and the ALM.

Kindly help us on the possible reasons and the remedy of:

1. Wrong reading of line frequency resulting in F06500 fault.
2. No communication with Infeed resulting in 30897 fault. Could it be due to downloading and some mismatch in firmware etc.?

The latest development is that we have arranged another brand new ALM of the same specs. Kindly advice regarding the configuration downloading to the new ALM once installed. Where does the configuration is stored for the Infeed? In the Infeed itself or it's CU320. If it is stored in the CU320 then I guess no downloading would be required. What do you say? (since previously the old unit stopped communication while downloading the configuration so my client is reluctant to allow me to do any downloading in the new unit unless it is absolutely necessary)

Regards
Azeem Anwer

You can change new ALM without need to download program. Original configuration is kept in CF card of CU320. Data in CF card will be changed only when you copy RAM to ROM.