ADC interfacing with PC through microcontroller

M

mwaqas

Hi,

I have designed a motive battery in which many cells are connected in series I want to display voltage of each individual channel on the PC screen and also want to control it through software. How can I do this?

I want to extract data using sensor and then use ADC and microcontroller I will send it to the PC. Please give me your ideas anybody has some code or circuit for ADC interfacing with microcontroller and PC. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

R

Robert Scott

Attach a separate microcontroller with ADC to each battery. Power the microcontroller from the battery it is monitoring, which means the ground for each microcontroller must be floating. The microcontroller will sleep most of the time so that the impact on battery life is minimal.

Each microcontroller will have one opto-coupled input and two opto-coupled outputs. Collect the battery voltage data through an opto-coupled output onto a common bus. Use an opto-coupled input to receive the wake-up trigger to transmit its data on the common bus. Use another opto-coupled output to pass along the wake-up trigger to the next microcontroller in the daisy-chain. This way all the microcontrollers will share the common data bus without conflicts.

Robert Scott
Real-Time Specialties
Embedded Systems Consulting