Addressable heat detectors for fire alarm panel

M

MPRABA

Hi all,

We are installing an addressable fire alarm panel in a project for an hydrocarbon process industry. This panel shall handle different types of automatic fire detectors like smoke detectors, heat detectors, gas detectors, air sampling smoke detectors, manual pull stations and a few types of audible and visible fire alarm devices.

I am looking for an analog, addressable heat detector that can be installed in classified area (Class 1 Division 2 Group C & D) that is compatible to the addressable fire alarm panel. Of course, the heat detector should be able to communicate to the fire alarm panel through 2-wire (same pair of wires for power and signal) network. Does anyone of you know about the availability of such product in the market? Please help.

Regards,

M.Prabakaran

Keep in mind that using non-brand <same as fire alarm> parts will void its UL listing.

I have had this type of problem before.

Secutron 2900 addressable fire alarm system
talk to Jeff Oppenheimer
Tell him David from Sarasota Sent you

Dear Mr.M. Prabhakaran,

I am a Network Engineer of Jay Info Systems Pvt. Ltd., Technopark, Trivandrum. I'm running a side business of my own namely, WIZED Technologies. I do contract works in fire alarm systems for hospitals, museums etc.

For your kind information, Siemens has introduced analogue addressable fire detectors. It was introduced recently in the market. It is the XP95 series of detectors which include ionization, optical & multisensor smoke detectors, and heat detectors.

Should you have any further clarifications, do not hesitate to contact me.

With best regards,

M.R.Pramodh.
pramodhmr @hotmail.com

M
Before you can install any 2-wire device, they must be compatible with the fire alarm control panel. What is the make and model number of your fire alarm control panel?

Max Maulden
[email protected]

Dear Prabakaran,

There are several analogue addressable heat detectors available in the market, e.g. Apollo make XP95, Systems sensor, etc. Please specify the make & model of FAP beacuse the FAP manufacturers adopt certain protocols in order for the FAP to communicate with detectors, and the detectors should also be compatible with those protocols.

Cheers,
Bishal