Advanced process control - neural networks

A

Andrew Ng

I want to use it to optimize a continuous distillation process and also to predict outputs. It must run either on Windows NT or 2000. I am only aware of the products from Pavilion but they are not to keen to sell directly to system house like us.

A

Andy Crosland

Connoisseur from Invensys will do exactly what you are looking for. Please e-mail me direct in the UK with a few more details, including where in the World you are, and I'll get someone local to get in touch with you. [email protected]

A
Andrew, Please see my web-page on Neural Networks Resources, at: http://www.isc-ltd.com/resource_centre/tech_neural.html This contains a few commercial packages. However, please note that this does not form any form of recommendation. I hope this helps. Andy Clegg ________________________________________ [email protected] Advanced Control Technology Club, Industrial Systems and Control Ltd., 50 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1QE Tel: (+44) 0141 553 1111 http://www.isc-ltd.com/actclub.html Fax: (+44) 0141 553 1232

M
Andrew: Take a look at Invensys' SimSCi they have a great optimization product including a product called Romeo online modeling and control tool, it does support bolting on top of existing DCS and PLC platforms. Mark

I

IP ARIFEEN RIAZ QADEER

Dear Andrew, Also look into Gensym (www.gensym.com) which has a suite of powerful (on the heavy side) APC products and add-ons including a specific continous process neural optimization tool. Ensuring cost-effectiveness with Gensym will require you take a close look at your application. There are of course APC tools from HMI/PLC vendors packages depending on your PLC. They are probably more cost-effective. Regards Arifeen R Qadeer

S

Shahid Waqas Chaudhry

Siemens also offers a neural network solution called NeuroSystems. Consists of two parts: PLC part and PC part (which runs as addon to their WinCC HMI). Another offering from them (siemens) is Fuzzy Control++. Shahid Chaudhry

Try Automation Applications Inc. (610) 458-0500. They are a small company but have some impressive software for process control and once installed is easily modified by the end user. > I want to use it to optimize a continuous distillation process and also to predict outputs. It must run either on Windows NT or 2000. I am only aware of the products from Pavilion but they are not to keen to sell directly to system house like us.

You might consider Process Intellect from BioComp Systems. More info at http://www.biocompsystems.com. It runs on NT / Win2000 and includes a suite of data access, cleansing, modeling, understanding and optimization tools. "System house" friendly, too.

Thanks,
Carl

Please look at Profile Based Controls at business.vsnl.com/deneb_solutions for brief on profile Based Controls for optimization.

Technology is platform independent with some requirements from existing systems.

Detailed text is in final stages and will be available soon.

Anand Iyer

Dear Tang Chin Teng,

if u are going to apply the techniques for the
practical purpose then think of Fuzzy it has already passed it's test in the practical field,neural network is growing still not entered into the pratical field so if you want more information the systems

please write please pass u'r query to
[email protected] for more
research papers and references.

regards
anandh

> I want to use it to optimize a continuous distillation process and also to predict outputs. It must run either on Windows NT or 2000. I am only aware of the products from Pavilion but they are not to keen to sell directly to system house like us.