Air Coming from AA Booster Compressor Body Vents

B

barindra75

We have a frame-V (20MW) gas turbine. Presently in running condition with gas fuel while liquid fuel is stand by.

It is observed that mild hot air is coming out from AA booster compressor body vent holes (there are two holes). This booster compressor is not in operation as it is coupled with diesel engine with belts. I am not sure that it is normal or there is something abnormal in the system.

Is it safe to continue the operation of the machine in this condition?
Which things we should check while running?
Can somebody help?

barindra75,

Have you looked at the AA P&ID?

There is usually some continuous blowdowns in various places of the AA system--low points, in particular, but the AA piping usually rises up to the Booster AA Compressor, then back down to rejoin the other AA piping.

Have you checked all the valves/isolation valves/check valves in the Booster AA Compressor inlet and discharge?

It would also not surprise me that there are one or two continuous blowdowns in the Booster AA Compressor case.

But, if not, then it's possible there are leaks in the Booster AA Compressor casing.0

Hi,

Usually you have a check valve at pump discharge; open it check it some times it is stuck or even broken.

i am not familiar with your engine model but in other machines there will be a pneumatic valve for booster pump suction, check its status, maybe the diaphragm of that pneumatic valve(if available) is teared up causes the air to flow inside the pump as that valve (again if available) is NO valve and to become close by controlled air pressure through solenoid.

Maythem

B
found the problem in VA-21 valve which was at the suction side of AA booster compressor.

Its control air pressure was slightly at downside. adjusted from the regulator and the leak arrested.

thanks all for your help.