Alarm viewer not working in HMI

M

Mohamed Salem

Dear sir

After greeting we have a broplem in our site. We have 3 machines GE fram9FA and two control room servers CRM_SVR1 and CRM_SVR2. control room server CRM_SVR2 has problem. this is when we going to check alarm Viewer through internet explorer it is not working and not display any things on HMI.

i checked the status of TCI. i found it is running. i restarted the HMI and check again alarm Viewer the problem same same and again i
checked the config.dat file it is ok. last trial i reinstall internet explorer but the broplem also still not solved.

we have cimplicity version 6.1 and control system MarkVI

pls any one can help me to solve this problem

Yours ,
Mohamed salem

Salem,

Do you have back up E-site? If yes, just copy the E-site and before do that delete or rename the current E-site?

Update us after the effect.

take care
G.Rajesh

Check the Config.dat file, make sure that the following entry in the F:\CONFIG.DAT file under the Options section:
EVENT = YES
SOE = YES
ALARM_HISTORY = YES
Check the directory location for the history files:
HST_DIR= C:\ HMIDATA
or HST_DIR= E:\ HMIDATA …
or HST_DIR = C:\HISTORIAN_DATA\HMIDATA
If this entry is not present, the default of C:\HMIDATA is used.

Check the default installation directory for the TCI web page is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\geds and Microsoft Peer Web Services are correctly configured.

Check the browser’s home page to be http://localhosthttp://localhost or 127.0.0.1

M

Mohamed salem

Dear sir,

i need to inform u i didnt have backup of E:\Site and I checked the configuration file config.dat all setting which you are mentioned before are the same settings.the problem still as it is.

finally i checked and compare the directory E\site container in both HMI (CRM_SRV1 and CRM_SRV2). i noticed one file named System.DD not found in the directory E:\site which in the HMI has problem

pls Can u tell me what is this file and any other solution to solve this problem?

thanks ,

Yours
Mohamed salem

SYSTEM.DD is the master data dictionary file, which contains pointers to all *.DD files used by the Demand Displays. I think the SYSTEM.DD may be a database file, all the field's structure of SYSTEM.DD for all units are same, just real data is different. so, you can try, just copy the SYSTEM.DD file from other unit to this unit. and first of all, you must STOP the Cimplicity HMI projects(.Gef) use workbench and do NET TCI STOP. or you can just restart the HMI SERVER in safe mode to copy.