Allen Bradley ControlNet equivalent for DH+ Global Status Word?

N

Neil Firmin

Is there any "Functions/Features" of ControlLogix processors on ControlNet that can duplicate the functionality PLC5's and SLC 5/04's have on DH+ with
the Global Status Word (GSW). I used this GSW and its passing with the DH+ token as a "Message free" way to get processor status (Run/Stop/Fault etc) of all my DH+ processors around my network, so each processor knows the
status of the others if the GSW is interrogated. I can not see any way to duplicate this on ControlNet without transferring the status as "produced" data and consuming at the other processors or writing explicit MSG instructions to pull or push the data out?

I would prefer not to have to "schedule" data on my Cnet network at the moment. Any body else been here when upgrading a DH+ network ?

thanks,

Neil Firmin
[email protected]

J

James Ingraham

> I would prefer not to have to "schedule" data on my Cnet network at the moment. <

Then you're out of luck. You are right; producing / consuming or explicit messaging are your only options.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

T

Trevor Ousey

Scheduled messaging would be as close a you will get to a GSW. And from what I have been told there seems to be no intention of adding GSW's to the logix platform. Be aware that if you modify the structure of an online project, you need to re-optimise the network, and that means all processors need to go into program mode. It's a pain in that aspect, but allow for spares within the structure of the User Defined Tag prior to make it easier.

Cheers.
Trevor.