Allen Bradley PCMK Cards

B

Bruce Borrowman

Hi:

I am looking to find the pinouts for the 1784-PCM4/B and 1784-PCM5/B cables for AB PCMK series B cards.

I have looked everywhere I can think of on the AB site (and Google) and can not seem to find them anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce,

probably the best descriptions of the various cables can be found at: http://www.ab.com/manuals/cn/1784-um519b-en-p.pdf

but before you get your hopes up, I don’t know where to find the actual pinouts you’re asking for...

usually when people ask for this particular information, they’re trying to make up their own cables rather than having to buy the expensive Allen-Bradley originals... that won’t work... each of the cables has a little gray “electronics pod” box near one end... there is special “magic” in those boxes... the electronics in the DH+ cable will NOT work on the DH-485 system and vise-versa... we’ve seen several cases where customers have tried to make up an adapter for a different communication system by cutting the end off of one type cable and splicing on another connector... this has always ended in failure... and sometimes resulted in a very expensive lesson...

best regards,
Ron

A

Adam Czepiel

Greetings!

I'm not sure what you are asking, but the 9 pin DH+ pins (blue hose) are #7 shield, #5 blue, #1 clear.

The DH+ mini din plugs are pins #1 blue, #3 shield, #6 clear.

Adam Czepiel
860-396-7515
[email protected]

B

Bruce Borowman

Hi:
Yes, I would like to be able to have cheaper cables made and do suspect there is some type of electronics in the grey "blob".

There is also the situation where I have had customers call needing replacement cables because they have broken the ends off of the one they have. If the ends can be replaced it will be a saving for the customer.

If anyone out there has some PCMK cables with broken end(s), that I can get from them to try and see if this repair is cost effective I would appreciate hearing from you. I am willing to pay a nominal fee for the broken cable and for shipping.

Thanks again:
Bruce Borrowman