Allen bradly PLC 5

H

hamada farag

i have AB plc5 in 21 machine connecte with each other by DH+ i need to collacte data from it .

how i can setup OPC server by using PC and software RSlinx from AB i need steps or any document explain how setup opc server ?

thank you

D

DAVE FERGUSON

This can be a fairly tough thing. There was a good article years ago on this cannot remember where.......but..............

I used to consult my guru at the old ICOM who later left and moved on to follow the Grateful Dead after Jerry Garcia's death. He was very knowledgeable about DH+, so I hope I can do him justice.

21 nodes on the same DH+ are fine when by themselves but can be trouble when you start gathering data from them. Each node is part of the token passing network and gets a slice of bandwidth. When you go to get data from the PLC's be aware that with DH+..........

1. Each processor you get data from creates a packet of traffic
2. Each data table you grab, takes creates a packet
3. Every 100 words within that data table creates a packet.

So if you grab N11:0 and N11:100 (3 packets), one for the PLC, one for N11 and another for the 2nd 100 words even if just one word. T4:0 = 3 words so 33 words per packet. 50 floating points.

They say 64 nodes on DH+ but this is a very impracticle total if you gather any data. Then throw in someone doing programming and you will stall the network.

If you are going to grab any appreciable amount of data, you will need to be very careful how you go about it and data concentrate the data in tight packets. You will quickly overwhelm this network. Now if you go Ethernet with sidecars or ethernet processors or even the little ethernet to dh+ add on. Now when you go to ethernet it goes up by 10x so 1000 words, 500 floats, 330 timers or counters etc.

I had a network at one time with 15 stations, data concentrated all the data tags and still bogged down by accessing too many PLC's and when someone went online to program, it took out the network for the most part. And you better try to keep it to data only, I kept mine from doing control as much as possible. It definitely becomes very undeterministic.

If you have questions e-mail me at [email protected] and I will reply. Please no spam.

Dave

B

Bob Peterson

I have never had more than about a dozen DH+ stations on a single network, and even then it was not real spiffy.

The answer to your question revolves around how much data you need to collect from each station, and how often.

D

DAVE FERGUSON

I agree and just replied to an e-mail from him saying the same thing. I think there are already too many nodes to be very succesfull at this and ever go online with a processor but we will see when he replies offline.

Dave

H

hamada farag

I have 22 nodes PLC 5 network DH+.
I would like to collect data from each node.
I need to collect 60 word interger word (16 bit)
from every node.
I will send that data to my SCADA program.
The SCADA program is PMII.

Does anyone have an idea about that?

Regards,
hamada