AllenBradley-RBmodule

K

Kumar Swamy

Dear all
I wish if any one can guide me in setting up RB module (Flexible interface module-cat:2760-RB) of Allen Bradley of PLC5 series. The manual is quite unclear for us to start communicating with it immediately. We are not sure if the module is to
be programmed/configured only through a Terminal of AB series or through a PC. If we could get a step by step approach for setting up this module to communicate with a PC, it will be very easy for us. We have to use this module for a project and we cannot choose any other newer modules such as basic module.

Kumar

B

Bob Desrochers

The RB module can be configured with any typical pc using a com port connected to the configuration port. Cross Talk, Procomm or Hyperterminal can be used for this task. If you would more details you can contact me directly.

[email protected]

P

Pascal Poirier

Hi Kumar,

We have just installed an 2760-RB with DF1/ASCII protocole cardtridge on a PLC-5/40 system. You can use hyperterminal (or any terminal, I think...) provided with Window$ to connect to Config port and setup the card. Make sure you have
good settings on your terminal (baud rate, parity, stop bits...). Using the 2760-RB is a piece of cake... after several hours spent debugging! ;-)

If you have more questions, you can e-mail me directly.

Pascal Poirier, ing. stag.
Cascades East-Angus inc.
[email protected]

M

Michael E. Klothe

Everything you need to know is set forth in Allen-Bradley's "User Manual" for the 2760-RB.
This is Catalog No. 2760-ND001 Series A

This manual can readily be purchased from your nearest friendly neigborhood Allen-Bradley distributor. IIRC it's about $15-USD. (This manual is =not= available from Allen-Bradley's on-line documentation source -- AFAIK).

To answer your question in brief -- the 2760-RB is a very versatile device, ergo it must be set up by 1) -- Setting its internal DIP switches, then 2) --Setting parameters on-screen with a data terminal.

The 2760-RB does not know or care what kind of data terminal is used to set it up.

You may use a generic dumb terminal, or a computer running terminal emulation software, or one of the Allen-Bradley industrial-strength terminals such as a 1770-T3 or T4, all at your
option and discretion.

Regards,

Michael E. Klothe
ELECTRICAL DESIGN & CONTROL, INC.
Detroit, USA

J

Jeffrey W. Eggenberger

You should be able to communicate using hyperterm, or any of the old terminal emulators out there from your pc. I know one of the tech's uses Mustang Software's terminal emulator, I forget the name. He likes the setup better than hyperterm.

Jeffrey W. Eggenberger
Electrician: Industrial, Commercial, and Residential

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Programmable Logic Controller - PLC 1