ALP111 and Simocode- Profibus Problem

P

Pedro

Dear Sirs,

I need your advice please.

Currently we are testing Profibus DP communication between Simocode Pro V (Siemens, Slave) and ALP111 (Yokogawa, Master).

Sadly we have random problems when a Trip is detected, same times the Slave lost the communication. We have Trigger Diagnostic selected in the Simocode and we already know that ALP111 is just DP-V0.

Anyone knows how we could fix this problem, because in our case, we need the diagnostic information for asset management?

Are there evidence that the diagnostic trigger is the blame or that depends on other phenomenons or certain parameter of configuration?

Many thanks in advance
I will really appreciate your help.
Kind regard
Pedro

J
Well Pedro,

Firstly it seems you have made the first basic error of opting for the ALP111 (Yokogawa, Master).

I would recommend the ALP112 version, to reduce glitch interaction between profibus interfacing.

Happy to help,
Dredd

P

Pedro Ascencio

Many thanks Dredd for your indication and for being honest.
But module, the manual of ALP121 never appears that this module support DP-V1.

I will continue looking for.
Kind regard
Pedro

Pedro,

take the judges advice., what he doesn't know about profibus communications is not worth known. Maybe private message him a phone number. he's helped me with my slave situation many a time.

J
Pedro,

I believe i quoted ALP112 and not ALP121.
Of course ALP121 is not compatible with module DP-V1.

Thank you SLAMCAM, how are your profibus interface issues since we last discussed them? Pedro is having serious issues and i don't think he's going to resolve them anytime soon

JUDGE DREDD

P

Pedro Ascencio

Dear Judge,

I have just received an answer from Yokogawa. The module ALP121 support DP-V1 (acyclic information)communication.

Many thanks for your advices.

I expect to be able to change from ALP111 to ALP121. This new module runs on a new release of Centum VP platform. I hope that with this module our random communication problem, due to a diagnostics triggered perhaps, will finish.

Kind Regards
Pedro