ALSTOM GT13E2 Alarm

V

valar

Hello every one

while GT13E2 running on fuel oil C/C with 15 mw load we received alarm "p in wtr dis sys pls." when I back to fault detection list, I couldn't find what its cause and from where this signal.

may you explain this issue please

note: if this help, we don't have Nox water injection system, water just for purge.

thank you

Hi Valar,

I'm not sure if you still have the issue, but...

Do you have the KKS for this Pressure In Water Distribution System PLS alarm? Was it just an alarm or did the unit actually went into PLS? Was there an alarm previous to this one?

Usually, PLS conditions are created after 2oo3 (2 out of 3) transmitters or switches exceed their preset value, although there can be cases where it can be 1oo1 or 2oo2. If yours was only an alarm without the unit actually going into PLS, then that means that you have a redundant configuration and the alarm would point to a faulty instrument. The unit won't PLS until the other one fails or reads beyond its setting.

The KKS tag would be helpful to determine which instrument it is, especially if you know your way through the logic. Which control system do you have?

Let me know if you need further assistance or please contact me

sbanos(at)saltek[dot]ca

Dear,

Thank you for your replay on control.com

Actually there is no kks for PT I can follow and pls happened till CB open. About signal and logic, I am not authorized to log in.

KKS of signal: MBX00EW200_XU12/22/32

Thank you and kind regards

Hi Valar,

Too bad you can't access the logic. Without having access to the logic it is a bit hard to troubleshoot where the PLS is coming from. A copy of the alarm and events list would be helpful in this case. It might be that the water distribution system detected low pressure and even if it was not running, it is needed for fuel oil operation. Unfortunately The KKS for the signal is very generic and just tells us that the 3 protection channels detected the PLS situation (_XU12 Channel 1, _XU22 Channel 2, _XU23 Channel 3). What type of controllers do you have?

Alstom or ABB usually leave at site a document that lists the protection matrix and describes what causes the PLS or Trips.

If you have a copy of the alarms and events list from that event, I'd be happy to have a look at it and see if I can help you a bit more.

Kind Regards
[email protected]