analogue and digital inputs set up

P

Peter Berry

Hi All

I must be up front, sorry to admit my experience in the analogue input signal area is very poor. But so is my budget. This is where most of the problems lie.

After completing a course I brought an Allen Bradley 5/03 processor and it came with all the bits. Also without an analogue input card. Now with a remote I/O board and a little C programming things might be in order. Any advice in communicating from the remote board to the 5/03 processor would go a long way to HELP sort out the hardware items necessary to Complete the project. As this is not an area I find my self comfortable in any advice would be good advice so thank you in advance. Once I have a hardware list I can get on with a little practice in code writing. My background is more of electrical not electronics. I must also say that I have made a model on water level management and temperature control all levels will be user defined with some alarms when things don't go to plan, might involve scada and/or another computer to control the project from a remote location. A course completed is only of use if you practice it or work at it, it's a little like a hobby and a little like study. So thanks again for any help about parts or structure of the analogue inputs.

Peter Berry