Anti-lock Braking using Fuzzy Logic

R

ROHAN SARKER

Can anyone help me in implementing anti-lock braking using Fuzzy logic in Matlab. The problem that I am facing is that I am from Electronics
background and do not have any theoretical Mechanical Engg idea about mechanism behind Anti-lock braking.Can anyone help me in this regard?
I am also a bit confused regarding the membership functions(trapezoidal, triangular,etc) that I need to use in it.That is I need to know where to
use trapezoidal & not triangular or vice-versa and how do I select the boundary values? What theoretical background is needed in this regard?

Any ideas or advice pointing in the right direction would help.

Thanks in advance for your kind co-operation.
ROHAN SARKER <[email protected]>
JADAVPUR,KOLKATA,INDIA

B

Bishal Ddhakal

Well friend,

By revewing your problem, I come to the following conclusions:

- At first, understand the system.

Don't worry about the model. Try to play with it by varying input ranges and look for the responses. These will give you the idea about your system.Try to identify system inputs and controlled variable.

Next step,by taking input and controlled variable ranges, fuzzify your system using uniformed triangular function. It will be easy to program if you use tri function. There are numerous books those deal with membership implementatiom.

Next step is defuzzification.

D

Dr ir Gerrit M. van der Molen

If you or your university/college/company has access to this journal, you might try to get a copy of this paper (and its references) for a
(probably) more theoretical approach:

IEEE Trans on Control Systems Technology
March 2003, Vol. 11, No. 2

Self-Learning Fuzzy Sliding-Mode Control for Antilock Braking Systems
C.-M. Lin and C.-F. Hsu

Cannot tell you how appropriate it is since I have not read it myself.

Good luck,
Gerrit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr ir Gerrit M. van der Molen
Industrial Systems and Control
Glasgow, UK
WWW: http://www.isc-ltd.com

hello sir

i am an mechanical eng student and was searching abs to present a college level paper presentation

i would like to help u in ur cause if iam more informed about ur problem correctly

mail me at [email protected]
thank u