Anyone have Genesis 3.7x for DOS: manuals, option disks, info?

C

cbh3

I started out using Paragon and Genesis 18 years ago and have done all the other MMI/SCADA packages too, especially Wonderware.

Now I've come back to my roots with a project that has been running flawlessly for 18 years and uses Genesis for DOS and Optomux! This thing never crashes! And the code is so complex and they have so many units that they don't see a need to upgrade to PLC's and Wonderware.

What I am lacking is the options like Serial port, GenNet networking, etc.

We have Recipes and have 300 pages of custom code using the RCS scripting language, doing Process control with heavy reporting and mission critical batch processing. It integrates the strategy, the graphics, the I/O and the RCS language very nicely for an older product. And old pentium computers are plentiful to keep this running until 2038 when DOS dies. Lets' hope we upgrade before then.

Anyway, Iconics is mum about the product that got them where they are but I still need disks, options, info, etc. Got keys, books, system disks. Anything extra would be appreciated and may result in some arrangement being made. :eek:)

Thanks,
Carl

R

Raymond van der Tas

Dancing with the wolves and coming back to your roots after 18 years sounds a bit melodramatic to me.

Your system has been in production and has proven to be a bonanza. The success of innovation and standards caused the company to open offices all over the world. You may want to drop an email to ICONICS UK or ICONICS Europe to get you into contact with people that remember to speak your language.

You will be asked to place your project on a SupportWorX program. Most, if not any option disks, manuals and knowlege are still available. Products and services can still be purchased. The museum is open.

You should discuss migration paths to OPC DA, OPC A&E, OPC HDA as well as multitasking R&R fuctionality combined with .NET transactions bridging realtime data to databases and providing web based reporting to make your system be ready for the next 18 years.

Regards,
Raymond van der Tas

Thank you, Raymond.

Does anyone out there still have disks and manuals sitting in boxes or drawers from the DOS era of Genesis? Any pack rats?

Thanks,
cbh3

J

Jan Switkowski

I still have Genesis vers 3.30, 3.41 and Genesis_lite. I have too printed manuals for this version.

S
Did you ever get the software and manuals you were looking for? I am trying to do the same thing and was hoping you did and you could give me some information on how you got them.

Thanks,

Shawn

I worked with the first version of Genesis back in 1988, and wrote some graphical objects and drivers for them. A friend wrote a lot of stuff for them on all the DOS versions. I think I still have some of the manuals. Which ones do you want?