Arcom RTU interfaced with Modicon PLC

Z

Zak1977

Has anyone out there come across an Arcom RTU communicating with a Modicon PLC, or with any other PLC for that matter? If so can you please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi, I would like to interface a Modicon PLC with an existing network of Arcom RTUs. The RTUs communicate with each other using Modbus RTU protocol lined by fibreoptics.
Can someone advice if this is possible or if has someone come across Arcom RTU <-> Modbus PLC comms ?

Thanks very much, in advance.

K.Aziz
[email protected]

R

Robert Dusza

Zak1977,

We are using an Arcom unit with MODBUS and two VFDs to talk to A Bristol Babcock RTU3330. The Arcom unit grabs info from 3 HART devices and sends it to the 3330 via MODBUS RTU mode. Works great. Email me for more info.

Bob

Robert J. Dusza, Jr.
Project & Technical Support Manager
(V) 1-860-647-3219
(F) 1-860-647-3150
E-mail - [email protected]
Manchester Water & Sewer Dept.
125 Spring St. P.O. Box 191
Manchester, CT 06045-0191

M
i guess your are talking about the arcom ds4 we have had it talking to 32 hart instruments 16 per channel on the hb card and transferring this information to a modbus serial port and also to pcs running a modbus tcp driver over ethernet you can also set-up a netslave port and view the data using the arcom browser its also possible to add analog & digital data directly through an i/o card and transfer this data (& do calculations on it) using the isagraf workbench i think the easiest way for you to communicate with a network of arcom rtus is by using a serial to tcp converter and connecting them all on fiber as you write