AS-i Safety Monitor

M

Mats

Is it possible to have stop category 1 in the new Safety Monitor from Schneider, the support in Sweden say that it's not possible. But I don’t think that is so?

H

Hakan Ozevin

I do not know personally this safety monitor, but I can say that ASi should not be used for safety purposes in no way!

Z

Zan Von Flue

> Is it possible to have stop category 1 in the new Safety Monitor from Schneider,
> the support in Sweden say that it's not possible. But I don’t think that is so?

Siemens does have a Safety for Asi. It's approved up to Cat 4.

https://mall.ad.siemens.com/DE/gues...ldersopen=-762-3730-3731-3732-3733-3734-3736-

Try the link.

For relative simple E-stop cases I see no problems with a bus system. As long as the
Diagnostics is simple, and documentation.

Zan Von Flue

H

Hakan Ozevin

> Why? The as-i bus is CERTIFIED for safety applications!

Just search some articles from this website. Asi is not working for even normal applications, they say. I wonder how it can be used for
safety applications.
Personally, i would never let a device with bus connection (Asi, profibus, ethernet, modbus, etc..) to be connected to the safe part of my
project. If they are on the same bus, noone can guarantee that another connected device will not violate the safety of my safe device. We
are talking about human life and having a standard for a few digital signals is not too much important compared to its less benefits.

C
AS-i Safety Monitor and AS-i safe are specifically designed for safety purposes so there is no reason not to use them.