AS-i to Interbus-s

B

Brian Rode

Is there a remote AS-i master that can be hung from a Interbus-s network?

thanks

Brian Rode

J

James Ingraham

Yes.

Go to "www.as-interface.com":http://www.as-interface.com , click on products. Select the "Gateways" category, type in "interbus" in the search field and click on search. This will return 6 companies who make Interbus to AS-i gateways:

Bihl + Wiedemann, ifm electronic, Norgren, Pepperl + Fuchs, Phoenix Contact, and Schneider Electric.

From personal experience, I like Pepperl + Fuchs, though they re-brand Bihl + Wiedemann.

I don't know where you are, but in the U.S. ifm electronic is ifm efector, and I can't find the Interbus gateway on ifm efector's website.

I don't know about Norgren. I think of them as a valve company, so they may also be re-branding.

Phoenix Contact, of course, is the big player in Interbus. If you like Interbus, odds are you're using something from Phoenix Contact, so it would probably be a logical choice to stay with them. However, I had trouble finding this part on their U.S. website, though it may well exist here.

I don't know anything about Schneider's gateways.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

F

Fernando Capelari - Schneider Electric B

Schneider Electric has a Interbus/AS-i gateway. The product part number is XZML14224.

If you want, I can send the product manual. Just email me at [email protected].