Automated Control of Manufacturing Systems

N

Norbert Edomah

Hi,

I am presently undergoing a masters degree program in electrical engineering at the Atlantic International University, Honolulu Hawaii, USA by distance learning. I will like to work on Automated control of manufacturing systems as my research thesis.

Here are the ideas I have;

An introduction to the key elements of control systems employed in manufacturing with examples from both batch and continuous-process applications. First, the fundamental theory of operation for closed loop (binary and analog) control systems is developed. I will explore using PLCs to implement modern systems and become familiar with the standard IEC PLC programming languages. Second, the theory of operation and performance limits of sensors and actuators used in the industrial environment is explored. Some sensors to be considered measure position, speed, temperature, flowrate, level, and force. Some actuators to be considered include pumps, hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, heaters, valves, stepping motors, and AC and DC motors. I will also be looking at future trends in control systems targeted for the manufacturing plant

Are the ideas stated above OK? Please I need ideas. My ultimate aim is to get my masters thesis published as a book. Where and from what websites can I get ideas on the specified points? Please I need your inputs. You can also send me an email at ncedomah [at] gmail.com.

Regards,
Norbert Edomah