Automation Direct to Panel View Plus

S

Shree

Hi All,

I would like to get the data from Automation Direct PLC 405 to Panel View or Panel View Plus. I want to read the data from PLC and show some message or value on HMI screen. How can I get connected to PLC. What type of communication I should use?

Also I would like to get communication between Siemens S7-200 PLC to AB Panel View or Panel View Plus for other machine.

Thanks and regards,
Shree

Any sugession?

Shree

> I would like to get the data from Automation Direct PLC 405 to Panel View or Panel View Plus. I want to read the
> data from PLC and show some message or value on HMI screen. How can I get connected to PLC. What type of
> communication I should use?

> Also I would like to get communication between Siemens S7-200 PLC to AB Panel View or Panel View Plus for other machine.

S
If the panel view doesn't support Koyo addresses, the PLC will support Modbus comms on the serial port or on an Ethernet card.

S
I responded because I saw this in the email feed and thought it was a brand new thread with no responses. Turns out you asked the question 10 days ago, got the answer, and posted the same question again verbatim in the same thread, with the addition "Any suggestion?"!

Here's a suggestion: Do what the guy told you 10 days ago. He gave you a good answer.

F

Fred Loveless

Rockwell provides KEPServerEnterprise for use on the panels. The is the CE version. The server has Siemens and Automation Direct drivers for both pieces of hardware for either serial or Ethernet conntections. Both controllers also support Modbus which is supported in the server as well. You can configure everything on the desktop to prove communications and then transfer the project to the panel.