B&R PLCs

Hello, I have seen these PLC's but I have not been able to get an editor software for such PLC (It came already with program on some machines). What I know is that they are CAN ready. Any information about these PLC's are most welcomed.

W

William F. Hullsiek

Call B&R and ask them to identify 2-3 people within 1-2 hours of the plants where you are installing the systems.

If they return your phone call, and If they give you an answer then I would consider purchasing a B&R (here in the United States).

Thumbs up for reliability
Thumbs down for service

William F. Hullsiek

A

Asif Khokher

We have used it in South Asia and this product has got good installations in Europe especially in Machine Processes. B&R product is not redundant but it has got very strong programming softwares. Also, B&R has got range of products for different applications and requirements.

Asif khokher
Sr. Engineer
INTECH Process Automation

This is fuzzy memory from about 4 years ago when I was looking into them (but never implemented them) IIRC They were programmed in a BASIC like language and were true multitaskers with priority classes for the different tasks.

When I was looking into it the rep had been talking about a C or C++ language for them, but
we went the roll-your-own route and I haven't followed development since then.

The prices were reasonable and the capabilities pretty advanced. I can't speak for the service but I think the manuals (and maybe even the software) was on free CD or available on the net.

(of course 4 years ago was a long time...)

Rufus

They were relatively high on my list (2nd or 3rd) of my choices for NIH (not invented here) controls...