Bailey DCS Functions

B

Bobo1972

I am in the process of upgrading a Bailey DCS to a AB ControlLogix and have a few questions about some of the function blocks and how they work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, the PID and APID function, there is a gain besides that of the Kp, Ki, Kd. Is this used to scale the PV to 0 - 100% to match the SP? If so how does this relate/affect the controller gains?

Another problem is the integrator function. What is the time basis? It has a code for sec, min, hour but no place to specify the amount. I am assuming that this is an amount of 1, so if it is set to hour then 1 hour. However I don't like making assumptions.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is an Infi90. I have the composer manuals for the function blocks. However they are not descriptive in the inner operations. My ultimate goal is normalize the PID gains so that I can use them for the new ControlLogix system.

Why though? Are you going to replicate the functionality of the Manual stations blocks and the MSDD blocks too?

I would personally scrap those and use the built in function blocks of the AB system. There's no sense using the old code especially if there is no link to the graphics. Are you still going to use PCV or 800xA/Harmony for the "DCS" side?

(Disclaimer: I really dislike Composer, and the rest of the Infi System.)