Bailey I-90 DCS to Honeywell TPS interface wanted

D

David Land

We have an old Bailey I-90 DCS system and we need to interface it with our Honeywell TPS DCS. Honeywell says they can't do it. Has anyone out there done this? Does anyone know someone who might be able to do it for us?

J

Jerry Miille

We did an interface between a Bailey "Network 90" and a SCADA system for the local power company several years ago. We have successfully connected to the Honeywell system using our current protocol converter product, the Omnii-Comm. Please contact me at [email protected] if there is further interest.

Jerry Miille

K

Kevin Totherow

Of course Honeywell said that it can't be done because they don't want to interface to anything, and they want to replace the entire Bailey system.

If you are interfacing the old I90 to the Honeywell for operator interfaces or process data historian I think that you should redesign your system evolultion strategy. The old Bailey mulifuction controllers were good - and there is no ROI associated with changing out one digital controller with another digital controller (if the control strategy stays the same).

However, If you get some help designing your systems from where you are today to where you need to be tomorrow - interfacing the two systems may not be the best choice for maintenance and troubleshooting.

The work you do up front will save your company money for the next 15 years.

Feel free to email me for longer discussions.

Kevin Totherow
Sylution Consulting
[email protected]

P
We have an off-the-shelf product for the Honeywell side and and upcoming direct to LCN interface. We also have the in-depth knowledge of Bailey systems for using a CIM/GPI or can implement a direct on Plant Loop interface.

www.mnrcan.com

Regards,

Paul Jager, CEO
AutomationX Industrial Solutions
[email protected]
www.mnrcan.com
(250) 724-1402

This is what you can do:
1. Contact Joel at www.rovisys.com, they can do this for you.
2. Ask for a OPC client I/F from Honeywell.

You will need a ICI01/03 + PC in addition to the Rovisys OPC server software. The Honeywell OPC client is required to connect to the Bailey OPC server. ABB also has a OPC server based on the PPB.

P