Baldor TCP / IP Protocol

E

Edwin

I have a baldor Motiflex drive and i want to send some information to drive. How Can I implement the same. I want to communicate directly to drive with out any control card inside. I have my own program running inside the PC. Can any one tell me how I can implement the same.

K

Ken Emmons Jr.

Does Baldor have a simple text protocol for this drive (I am not familiar with the product)? Many manufacturers will provide a simple command language for accessing parameters and such, similar to what used to be widely available on RS-232. If this is the case you have to find out if the Baldor will be the Client or the server and which port the Baldor will be accessing.

Its not crucial which is which, but probably the drive will be the server and you just need to connect to the drive with the PC as a client by trying to create an open socket on its IP address and port number. The drive will be listening for any connection requests on its port. A port is just a logical number for communication. Some ports are special, such as Telnet, FTP, etc, but there are a ton of ports that are just for your own use. Find out more about what the capabilities of the Baldor are.

Here is a site I found that explains client server with code. One half of this code will not be needed because the equivalent will be built into your drive if generic TCP/IP comm is available for that product.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/tcpclientserver.aspx

KEJR

B
Baldor can supply you with an ActiveX control to access all drive settings if using a PC with Windows and connected over USB or Ethernet. If not using PC's or Windows we can also supply documentation on the ethernet TCP/IP protocol used to communicate with the drive.

Please contact [email protected] for further information or visit our website www.baldormotion.com