Basics of scada technology

J

Jim Flock

What is SCADA technology. I keep hearing about its benefits, and uses, but I don't really know what it is.

G
Available from the ISA bookstore (www.isa.org):
SCADA - Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, 2nd Edition, Stu Boyer,
published by ISA, ISBN 1-55617-660-0, 1999

i'm doing a review on current scada technology, where i can find the trend and latest technology that has been implemented? (websites i mean)

M
To look at someone who has done it right, look at www.specview.com. As for emerging technologies that aren't there yet, look at www.upnp.org. UPnP
covers discovery, disclosure, eventing and presentation. It will be good once it is mature and it will remove thousands of dollars in config time.

Mitch

D

David van Staveren

> Available from the ISA bookstore (www.isa.org):
> SCADA - Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, 2nd Edition, Stu Boyer,
> published by ISA, ISBN 1-55617-660-0, 1999

A

Albert Cleverley

Man there must be some old school AT&T techs in here....hey guys WHAT IS IT (SCADA)? Wow when someone asks a question about a topic they probaly would like an answer to it not were to find it in some TM that yall probably wrote that still doesn't answer his question.

Ok Guy here goes:
SCADA is the acronym for Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition. The term refers to a large-scale, distributed measurement (and control) system. SCADA systems are used to monitor or to control chemical, physical or transport processes.