Bentley Nevada VGA flat touch screen blanks out

I have a BN 3500 panel where a touch screen VGA display shows bar graphs for the vibration points for a steam turbine generator that is currently down. This display frequently blanks out and when it starts coming back on, it displays only a few points with no data. I suspect I have an issue with the TDI card as the TX/RX LED is either out (blank screen) or on solid (partial display with no data) when the display is acting up. Eventually the TX/RX LED starts blinking indicating activity and the display is normal.

Do I just have a failing TDI card or is there a bigger problem? The VGA has an touch screen alarm reset button we have to use in start-up and if it comes and goes we cannot run the machine.

I have started looking for outside support to check out the BN rack cards and display. Any recommendations would be welcomed. I am located in southwest Virginia.

Check the system event list messages see if module detected a internal fault...

Also did you managed to connect PC/HOST to the Module by the gateway communication interface..

I have a BN 3500 panel where a touch screen VGA display shows bar graphs for the vibration points for a steam turbine generator that is currently down. This display frequently blanks out and when it starts coming back on, it displays only a few points with no data. I suspect I have an issue with the TDI card as the TX/RX LED is either out (blank screen) or on solid (partial display with no data) when the display is acting up. Eventually the TX/RX LED starts blinking indicating activity and the display is normal.

Do I just have a failing TDI card or is there a bigger problem? The VGA has an touch screen alarm reset button we have to use in start-up and if it comes and goes we cannot run the machine.

I have started looking for outside support to check out the BN rack cards and display. Any recommendations would be welcomed. I am located in southwest Virginia.
One more thing one should read Bently not "BENTLEY" i dont think that you are talking about car..

I and another engineer have been working on the non-responsive TDI card. We have found that when we pull the card out, it is hot on the power supply side. If we let it cool off for an hour or so and put it back in, it will communicate for a short period of time (TX/RX light blinking) and the flat screen will display the vibration points normally. The other day, we pulled the TDI card completely out and let it cool overnight. When we put it back in, it communicated for about 45 minutes before locking up again. During this active period, we downloaded the system event log. Attached is the most recent event list. There are no events for slot 1. Also, it looks like we don't have the date and time set properly but these events were on 4/15/21.

When the TDI card locks up, the two LED's on 94 VGA card blink green normally

Attachments

Check the system event list messages see if module detected a internal fault...

Also did you managed to connect PC/HOST to the Module by the gateway communication interface..
We connected a laptop, with configuration version 5.9, to the 3500 rack through the serial port on the front of the TDI while it was active

Better Try to troubleshoot Communication gateway module...

I dont know about TDI card link with such VGA
Again a Topology of installed system (including VGA interconnections with 3500 rack would be best place for first investigation...)