Borland Delphi RS232 component for Omron PLC

F

ferhat karabiyik

I must connect PLC C200H or CQM, Omron to PC with Visualbasic or Borland delphi, but I don't know the protocol. Where I can find this information?

D

darcy oldfield

Omron CQM1/CPM1/CPM1A/SRM1 PROGRAMMING MANUAL
CAT#W228-E1-7

Section 6 "Host link Commands"

Shows an example in BASIC which you should be able to rewrite to work in Visual Basic. Just ask your Omron rep for the manual. If he is nice you get it for free. I also think that they have a CD of all thier manuals which you might also be able to get for free. Omron also sells a package of Active X controls.

B
Omron Host Link protocol documentation is available in the CQM1 programming manual (W228) or the SYSMAC C200HS Operation Manual (W235). Omron makes no secret of their protocol so there are probably other sources as well. These are available in printed or electronic form from Omron rep's or dealers at a very reasonable price or at the Omron Technical website:

http://oeiweb.omron.com/oei/TechManuals-PLC.htm

Omron makes a package called FINS Gateway that works as a driver for connecting VB and the PLCs for data acquisition and logging. Talk to your
local Omron guys about FINS Gateway or look into an OPC server that supports Omron C-Series PLCs

CK

V

Vincent QUILLET

3 ways to solve your problem :

a) In the user manual of C200 or CQM1 you will find the host link commands chapter where the protocol is described

b) you can use OMRON's activeX tool (ask your representative)

c) you can use a OPC server (I use ioserver that support many other protocols : www.ioserver.com

I have experimented a) and c) in Visual Basic and have no problem.

Hope this help.

Vincent QUILLET
ASAlog
CD 60
13320 BOUC BEL AIR
T=E9l : +33(0)4 42 94 06 87
Fax: +33(0)4 42 94 06 88
[email protected]

F

Flavio Morais de Souza - Flavio

I have a user manual of C200 host link. If you don t find one in internet, I might send a copy to you....

Regards,
Flavio Morais de Souza
Companhia Siderurgica Tubarão
[email protected]

P

Peter Klithøj

CAT#W228-E1-7

Shows an example in BASIC which you should be able to rewrite to work in Visual Basic. Just ask your Omron rep for the manual. If he is
nice you get it for free. I also think that they have a CD of all thier manuals which you might also be able to get for free. Omron also
sells a package of Active X controls.

C

CAT#W228-E1-7

CAT#W228-E1-7

Shows an example in BASIC which you should be able to rewrite to work in Visual Basic. Just ask your Omron rep for the manual. If he is
nice you get it for free. I also think that they have a CD of all thier manuals which you might also be able to get for free. Omron also
sells a package of Active X controls.