bottle conveyor speed control

A

Anonymous

i am looking at controlling a bottle conveyor so that there is a constant gap between the bottles. i have seen this done but the calculations are very complicated without help. i will be using a VSD on the motor and PE sensors to detect the bottles and a control logix PLC to send the VSD a 4-20mA reference.

N
A more simple method of creating a gap between bottles on a conveyor is to install a gating wheels or rollers.
These are two counter rotating motors mounted on either side of the conveyor belt between split sections of the side retaining rails of the conveyor. The conveyor belt runs continiously and bottles on reaching the rollers (if they are stopped) cannot proceed any further.

The motors, driven from a vsd drive,when activated, cause the bottles to be dragged between the sponge wheels, the diameter of the wheels and the speed of the motors as determined by the vsd, (usualy as a consequence of a potentiometer setting) determine the gap generated between the bottles as they leave the gating unit. This is a common method of generating seperation of small tubular containers, bottles, vials, etc. before automated application of labels and or automated vision inspection.

I understand that you may need to go for a more complicated solution for secific technical reasons, but this method may be an option!

there is another option giving you what you want. it is called GEBO but you have to use PE or proxes, this is a condesed version but take 3 proxes on a line where you want a gap as long as bottles are hiiting all 3 proxes the front belt speeds up the second goes to half speed and the 3 rd belt stops then you will pull a gap then based on time for size of gap you can start to speed up belt 2 then as prox 3 becomes uncovered you start up belt 3 then you can adjust time for gap size this comes in when you run diff. size bottles, now this was a condensed version and if you have any questions e-mail me.

M

Murat OZDEMIR

Hallo,

We are from Turkey. We are searching conveyor speed control to make as a project in university. However, we don't know where we start. If you help us, we'll be happy. Thank you.

Murat OZDEMIR
Serhan TUNA
FATIH University
Electronics Engineering