Bristol with ifix / DPC to Controlwave conversion

M

Mitch S

I'm looking to connect with anyone who has gone from a Bristol DPC 3330 to a Bristol Control Wave Micro as the data concentrator for their scada system interfacing with IFIX HMI via the BR3 Driver and NETVIEW/OPENBSI.

Thanks.

Mitch S
[email protected]

R

Robert Dusza

Mitch,

We completed the transition to ControlWave/Netview/OpenBSI and BR3 driver a few years ago. What do you need to know.

Bob

Robert J. Dusza, Jr., COP
Project & Technical Support Manager
Manchester Water & Sewer Dept.
125 Spring St. P.O. Box 191
Manchester, CT 06045-0191
E-mail - [email protected]

M

Mitch Stripp

Hey Bob,

So we have 2 radio frequency's operating at 9600 baud, F#1 with 22 and F2 26 nodes These nodes consist of half control wave micro and the other half a combination of 3330 and a few 3305.

The issue I have is that when I have a DPC as the data concentrator for polling everything into our ifix system things works great. As soon as I switch our system over to the Control wave with what I believe to be all the same programming settings I get fairly poor data in ifix. ( Gaps in data, slow updates to our database tags,ie. 5 minute trend updates vs 20 to 60s etc.)

I have tried a few different thing suggested by our Emerson rep but still haven't found a solution.

I'm wondering if you experienced anything similar?

R

Robert Dusza

Mitch,

This sounds like what we had happening on the DPC3330 before we switched to the CW CPU. To start, What versions of the HMI, BR3 driver, etc are you using? Are you accessing the CW via BSAP/IP?

Bob

R

Robert Dusza

Are you using OpenBSI as a serial or Ethernet connection to the iFix PC?

R

Robert Dusza

What are you poll periods for the RTUs in the field and the DC in Netview?

Manchester, CT

R
What are the Message timeouts for the RTUs and the DC in Netview?

Manchester, CT

M

Mitch Stripp

I have 20s at DC and 45s in field. I have also tried 25s at DC and 75s in field on one Frequency and no improvement with the Control Wave

MSG timeouts are set at 200s across the board except 1 or 2 sites set to 45s.

R
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Make your poll periods for the field devices 3 times the amount of the DC. You may have to do this for all the Serial ports as the BR3 seems to affect all the ports at once. How many ports are you using? Is each one a separate frequency?

Your MSG Time outs might be too short. Try 600 at the DC and 1800 in the filed and see if that works any better. In my experience, with the MSG timeouts too short, the BR3 driver will lock up the system.

Bob

Manchester, CT