BTR and BTW instructions in DH+ comms

W

wessam

Can we use the instructions BTR and BTW to establish communication using DH+ Network?

T

Trevor Ousey \(list\)

BTR and BTW are used to write and read data to complex modules, ie Analog and High Speed Counter modules. What family of PLC are you using?

Block Transfer Read (BTR) and Block Transfer Write (BTW) instructions are used on the Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O (RIO) network to move configuration and I/O data from I/O modules to controller.

Data Highway Plus (DH+) messaging transfers data from controller to controller using Message (MSG) instructions.

R

Roger Kozera

No, you must use Message instructions over DH+, the Block Transfer Read/Write instructions address an intelligent I/O card by rack/group/slot and allow blocks of data to pass between the PLC (master) and I/O module (slave) - up to 64 words can be transfered using these instructions - DH+ is peer-to-peer network for inter-processor communications - for example a PLC-5 could MSG a PLC-3 and read data or write data to the target processor - you specify the network node number, the target processors starting memory address, and source processors starting memory address, and the length of the message.

D

Darell Piper, Apex Engineering

You need to use the MSG READ and MSG Write instructions. They are not too hard to set up.

You can talk to just about any Rockwell or AB product using the MSG instruction. Read and Write.