Building a Temperature gauge

A

Anonymous

I want to monitor both processors, all 4 memory sticks, 2 hard drives, and video processor on my computer. I was thinking of using thermistors but I'm not really sure what the best way to go about this project is. any help would be greatly appreciated.

A thermister would be an appropriate sensor. Film RTDs would be acceptable as well but are less commonly used for this application. It is unlikely that your mother board will support any RTDs, it will probably support one and possibly two thermisters. I doubt that any mother board will support 6-8 thermisters.

C

Curt Wuollet

A dual game port will support 4 10k thermistors. if you can find one addressable bit someplace you could mux that to 8. Sounds doable with a little ingenuity.

Regards

cww

D

Dick Compton

There are many ways that this can be done. However considering the cost and effort, why not just install a couple more fans and not worry about it? Your motherboard will support several fans, including fan RPM monitoring diagnostics for fan failure, so why bother with anything else (such as what sensors used, located where, thermal transfer accuracy, how accurate a reading of the actual concern area, etc).

I usually use Ultra CPU Coolers, or NMB 80 mm fans.

[email protected]