Building Management Systems

U

UtilityIT

I am attempting a POC to monitor several HVAC systems from a remote location and make a record of history data.

At one of the locations, I ran into a system from JCI, with N30 Controllers and a M Series Workstation. Now when I talk to the local JCI Folks, they sent me a list saying N30 is obsolete and M Series Workstation supports only real-time data (i.e. it does not store any points).

From a quick glance at the User Manuals available on the website, I understand that M Series Workstation uses OPC Data Access to collect data from N30.

Is it possible to write some script and store some of this real-time data periodically (say every 5th minute) on the M Series Workstation?

Also, does N30 support BACNet? Can I collect data from N30 directly into a 3rd party software through BACNet?

I did approach the local JCI guys who promptly sent me a quote to replace N30 and M Series. My problem is that unless I show the customer some VALUE out of my solution, I can't help him make a business case to upgrade the system (... and who will agree to upgrade a system supplied just 4 yrs ago?!).