Calibrating IGV

M

Maythem

Hi,

i have some information on calibration of SRV, GCV but in different control system other that MK's. i wanna know (in details if possible) how to calibrate IGV in MKVIe and before that to know the meaning and effect of the following terminology:

Null Bias
null current
gain

in GCV we used to install a dial gauge to measure the span of actuator shaft and the movement with each current command. what about IGV? what shall we install to measure the angle? do we have to install a dial gauge in IGV actuator also? what is the actuator span in mm? how could we prevent oscillation, max./min position overshooting, and controlling movement speed?

thanking you in advance as always,
Maythem

S
Hi Maythem,

when the mahcine is down, open the manhole approach the IGV blade, use Protactor tool to measure angle, and compare it with mechanical indicator outside, then calibrate the IGV like other valves, then check the indication outside, i mean mechanical pointer, it is not matching, align it with Protactor reading, first, then again calibrate the IGV, using the same way below

Min, max, and gain adjustment,

then do LVDT polarity check,

but before calibrating the IGV, YOU SHOULD DO ZERO CHECK. IT MEANS, without connection LVDT barriers, in the marshalling, connect direct the LVDT terminal with MARKVe.

then adjust LVDT (both) to get 0.7vac using RMS MULTIMETER

then proceed as i said above, until satisfied calibration results.

then do the polarity check as usual we do for GCV AND SRV

Null Bias
null current
gain

thanking you
Yours Sundar
[email protected]

Maythem,

The Speedtronic community here at control.com has been going strong for over 12 years. There is a good deal of information about LVDT calibration which has been written over the years--and it's all available via the cleverly-hidden 'Search' feature on the far right side of the Menu bar at the top of every control.com webpage.

Try using this search term:

+"LVDT calibration"

The 'Search' function on control.com has a Help feature, which is highly recommended as the format of searches is not like your usual Internet search engine.

If you don't find what you're looking for, then ask specific questions. I caution you, though, that the exact details for calibrating LVDTs vary depending on which control system you are using, as well as the vintage of the turbine and auxiliaries. Not all turbines have the same auxiliaries, so it's very difficult to provide a step-by-step "cookbook" procedure. Especially when we don't know anything about the machine(s) at your site and how they're configured.

So, when you write to ask for details, you should provide as much information as possible and be prepared to answer some questions.

Happy searching!

Thank you dear CSA, its been very helpful reading the related threads using the search tool.

best regards,
Maythem

Maythem,

Thank you for the feedback. We like to say here at control.com, "Feedback is the most important contribution!"(c) because it lets others reading the threads know what was helpful--and what wasn't.

Again, the Speedtronic turbine controls community has a pretty rich, active and long-running history here on controls.com, and many questions have been asked and answered several times in several different ways.

By the way, please don't be shy about contributing your experience and knowledge.