Can the program in PanelView 1400e converted?

C

Cryo

Can the program in PanelView 1400e, touch screen, be converted for PanelView 1400e, Keypad ? Does anyone shows the briefly steps to convert.

S

ScienceOfficer

Cryo---

No, you can't convert touchscreen applications to keypad applications, or vice versa. The problem is that certain screen objects are completely different in the two application types. I know this from experience, but it's mentioned severable times in the documentation.

What you can do is copy the tag database over to a new application, then copy and paste the transferable objects screen by screen. For details on this, look under Help --- Working With Screens --- Copying Screens --- Copying Screen Contents Into Another Application.

You might also consider moving up to a PanelView Plus. It should be a lot less expensive than the keypad 1400E, and more of your application will migrate forward.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver Rexel / Central Florida

C
Open your project in panelbuilder change the panelview from 2711-T14... to 2711-K14 you do this in "application" "setings".
Then go to every screen and connect the touchcells to key's, for this you give a right mouse click on the object and select "object properties" and you will see the input area where you can select the function key.

Carel Colpa
CESystems
[email protected]

M
Do you have PanelBuilder software?, this is provided by AB. With this software you can upload the program from your PanelView to PC using PanelView's DH+ port and KTX card (you can view trought the network), then configure your actual model (model and firmware) with the tools in the same program. I think tou have to reconfigure the screens and convert graphics from Touch screen design to Keypad screen design. Once finished the configuration you download the program to keypad PanelView (depending of the version you could need another cable and card). If you try to run the program in the new PanelView without these steps you're gonna get problems with the PanelView's version and firmware.

I hope this can be useful for your goals.

Regards

Manuel Paz

S

ScienceOfficer

Carel----

The question was about 2711E Enhanced PanelViews, not 2711 Standard PanelViews. Your answer works for 2711 PanelViews. My previous post to this thread explains what to do for 2711E.

As far as I know, all of the guilty have been punished for naming two different products so similarly about ten years ago. The products were finally merged in PanelView Plus.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida

G

Gregorio Cavazos

Yes it is possible, just need to reassign the buttons and all the stuff

Gregorio Cavazos C.

S

ScienceOfficer

Gregorio---

As I mentioned in another post to this thread, it works for Standard PanelView, not for Enhanced PanelView. The original request was about an Enhanced; the 900 was a Standard. Everything converges in PanelView Plus.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida