capacitive ring sensors

P

Paul

Dear Sir:

We need capacitive sensors to use in detecting the absence or presence of flow of solids inside a 2 inch tube.

The aim is to obtain a capacitive sensor that could be mounted outside the tube.

About 2 years ago, searching the internet, I found some about the capacitive ring sensors, wich were expensive, and the detection range was too short.

Of course, in this on/off operation mode, there is no need of precision.

Do You have any information about capacitive ring sensors?

Best Regards,

Paul

If you could describe the application in more detail there might be alternatives. For example if the solids movement can be seen (a clear tube), a vision system could detect if the scene is changing or not.

Hello Paul,

I'm an employee for Pepperl-Fuchs and yes we do carry Ring sensors, we have a RJ100-E20-V1 ring sensors that has a diameter hole of 103mm, your 2" tube is 50mm in diameter. The sensing range on the RJ100-E20-V1 is 100mm and the sensing range is adjustable. Please see our website www.am.pepperl-fuchs.com for a spec-sheet of this unit, just type the model number in the orange model search box.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call 1-800-425-7367 and any one of our applications engineers can help you.

Thanks, Gina A.

T
Interesting coincidence – I just saw such a thing at a customer site and was researching to see if anyone else was making something like this. The sensor sat entirely outside the tube (thin wire coiled around the tube externally). If you are still looking for something like this, please contact me at [email protected] and I will try to hook you up with the manufacturer. Note that this is not a production part that they sell – it is simply a part of a machine that they developed.

Back in Oct 14, 2004 you posted a message looking for a capacitive ring sensor.

I am looking for the same thing and was wondering if you were successful in your search.

Thank you,
Eran E.