Card Faults in Triconex PLC

V

vbalaji892

The analog input card 3700A of triconex PLC fails often. In the diagnostics it shows "voter fault" along with the point(s) where it occurred.

It has to be noted that this happens only in one channel. The PLC has totally 5 AI channels. Each time when the voter fault occurs it shows different point every time. Some time it shows "1-32" indicating that all the points are at fault. How do I correct this problem? I have already replaced 10 cards on this particular channel.

The first thing I do if the problem is a soft fault is reset the error on the card to see if it repeats.

If it does, but I cannot understand or fix the error, you need to run the Triconex Diagnostic Monitor or Advanced Diagnostic Monitor software while connected to that system. It will generate a diag file that you can save and email to Triconex service. They will analyse the diag file and tell you what the problem is.

The Adv Diag software generates a log file that you can read but you may need their help understanding it.

You should also read the Diag Monitor manual to understand what the errors mean.

The manual does say that voter faults are "A fault that can occur on a Digital Output module only".

good luck

Would you want the faulty cards repaired? If you drop your e-mail id, i can e-mail you the details i require.

>How do I correct this problem? I have already replaced 10
>cards on this particular channel.

Have you returned any of the cards to Triconex for repair?
When they repair cards, they do a full diagnostic and upgrade them to the latest compatible hardware and firmware.

V
The triconex engineer says that it is just a card failure. I am not satisfied with their answer as 10 cards failing in a single slot indicates something else.

If you know any good manuals on Triconex PLC to get a good understanding of the system, please do send me the link.

Have you sent a diag file to a Triconex service center for analysis?
Or to Triconex in Houston, Tx.

You should be able to sign up for the Triconex Support web page. They have all the manuals online as pdf files for download.

You can also sign up to get all their notices and bulletins.

>The triconex engineer says that it is just a card failure.
>I am not satisfied with their answer as 10 cards failing in
>a single slot indicates something else.
>
>If you know any good manuals on Triconex PLC to get a good
>understanding of the system, please do send me the link.