Carel controller over MODBUS protocol

L
Hi

CarelIR32xxxx via GatewayMB0 to Citect.

Just made it work today.

I haven't find an address list over the modbus addresses in the Carel32xxx but with a Modbus "sniffer" i was able to find the addresses i was looking for.

- Setpoint for room temperature
- Room temperature
- Hi-Alarm setpoint
- Low-Alarm setpoint
- DO to Fan (or valve)

that's all i was looking for.

LG

Hi,

Can you tell me how you managed to extract the data you say you have obtained?

I am currently trying to extract similar data. Do you know the protocols used by Carel controllers? If so could you please let me know?

Chris

Hi

Use the program, Modscan Modbus Data Scanner.
http://www.win-tech.com

I bought two GATEWAYMB0s from Carel, 16 Carel32xxx on one and 16 one the other.
And just build a database with EXCEL.

Take a Carel32xxxxxx and start working with your PC to find the right address in the Carel.

From the PC (Com1) i am communicating with an RS232/RS485 converter to the Modbus Gateway.

I am using Citect to control it. (Desigo Insight from SIEMENS)
You can use "communication wisard" in Citect and just change the Comport on your PC.

I used the Hi/Low-alarm digital point when the alarm gets hi or low, this is the alarm point in the Carel.

This is the same point that will BEEP in the Carel when it is in alarm, Er4 or Er5.

LG

R

Robert Cawood

I know botech has develop not only a modbus driver but a driver to the carel controllers go to their web site for more infomation

F

Fenil Kapadia

Hello,

I have the Carel IR32CEM100 controller which has the 485 interface adapter inserted into it. I have not bought the Carel 485 to USB adapter to communicate the controller with the PC, since I have another 485 to USB convertor, which works well.

I tried to communicate the Carel IR32 controller with the ModScan program (from WinTech on a PC) thru the 485 to USB adapter which I have, but was not able to make it communicate. Thereafter I got to know from a Carel dealer that Carel controllers use the proprietory Carel protocol instead of the modbus protocol.

Can you help & guide me how did you make your controller communicate to the Modscan program on the PC or did you communicate it with the Seimens software?

Please help to clear my doubts and if possible, to make my Carel IR32 communicate with a PC (with modscan)

Thanks,
Fenil.

Hi.

Can u send me instruction to make a time schedule on a 2Q250 i/o module using Citect Desigo Insight. I am currently new in this field and we are operating the Building using the SCADA Citect.

Thank U very much.

Hi I'm newbie,

I want to connect carel in scada software by pLAN port.
Please share experiences regarding this connection.

Thanks in advance.

Masud

L

Lynn August Linse

Oddly enough, we just started using those for restaurant applications. We are using ZigBee-to-RS485 converters to gain wireless access to the Carel units.

One needs to buy an RS-485 dongle from Carel, then ask them nicely for the Modbus register map since they do not seem to publish it.

It you want Ethernet access, you might also need an Ethernet-to-RS485 box (such as a Digi Connect SP), unless Carel also makes an Ethernet version of their dongle.