Cascade PID for Density & Flow Control.

F

fuzzymridul

Please Note my process demands to dose caustic inline in crude soybean oil to make a mixture and reaction then feed this into a centrifuge. Here the performance out of the centrifuge depends on the best proportion and density of caustic in the crude. To do that i set a value of caustic dosing % respect to the Crude flow rate. So this leads the caustic dosing rate in regards of flow controlling rate.
But here i also have to maintain the density as well as baume of the dosed caustic so i have to drive two pump simultaneously in a desired ratio one water pump and one thick caustic pump.

Now to do this automatically and precisely which method should i follow?

Please reply.

Thanks to all in advance.

"i set a value of caustic dosing % respect to the Crude flow rate. So this leads the caustic dosing rate in regards of flow controlling rate"

Agreed

"i also have to maintain the density as well as baume of the dosed caustic so i have to drive two pump simultaneously in a desired ratio one water pump and one thick caustic pump."

Here you get involved with the process design. You may have to remove the heat of solution depending on the fluid concentrations involved, and you have to insure complete mixing. In pipe mixing can require a significant pipe run or even a mixing tank.

Once you have the analytical loop under control, you can add the caustic solution to the soy oil as you've described