CC plant availability analysis

J

joseph

we have one GT- 247MW and one ST- 131 MW. we are taking both reading half hourly (means 48 reading taken in 24 hours for availability analysis). Our declared availability is 378MW. When ST trip say 5.10 hours but GT in full load, how i will calculate total load at 5.30 hours. because ST out from 5.10 hrs but GT still running. is there any formula for finding/calculate the total load accurately at 5.30 hours.

Please help me.

Thanks. Joseph

Joseph... are you sure Availability Factor (AF) is what is required, and not the Capacity Probability Analysis (CPA?)

AF is essentially the number of hours the plant is "available" for production minus the number of "unavailable" hours, all divided by the number of hours in a specific period.

Taking your example, then, for a 24 hour period, AF = (24-5.3)/24 = 0.779. Although simple it does not reveal much.

CPA is the probability that a plant will meet a required production level, for a specified period. The calculation is certainly more involved, but the results are indicative of the plant's overall capability!

If you would like additional information, please contact me off-forum.

Regards, Phil Corso (cepsicon[at] aol [dot] com)

My calculation is as below,
as you indicated 5.3 hours ST is tripped.
It is assumed that remaining 18.7 hours plant is at base load.

[5.3*(247/378)+18.7*(378/378) ] / 24 = %92,34 (this is the availability percentage)

(131/378)*5.3 = 1.83 hours (this is the availability)

I don't know what kind of availability you are looking for, but I wrote both..