Changing Careers from Gas Turbine to Combined Cycle Operator

V

vignesh

I have been working as a gas turbine operator since 2012. currently I would like to change my position into combined cycle operator. Please anyone help me how to change my career?

Basically I had completed my diploma course in electrical and electronic department. Currently I am doing b.tech eee via distance education. My mind is not calm. Still now I don't know which field is having good future. So many people's said gas turbine operator job has don't get any future. They tell me better change your field.

I hope, so many experience legends are here. Please anyone suggest me for my future.

It's my humble request.
My email: [email protected]

IF you are currently a Gas Turbine Operator, having access to the DCS Operation Screen, you don't need any additional qualifications. (you already know how to analyze data and make decisions out of it).

Combined cycle means an addition of HRSG (For Producing Steam) at he GT exhaust. You'll have a Steam Turbine based generator connected to this producing electricity. thus forming a Combine cycle, drastically improving Efficiency for the fuel used.

There is also another type of plant in trend known as the Co-Generation plant, which basically export steam as well to its customers (in addition to the Combined Cycle plant).

Just Get used to the basic jargon. that's all.

And yes, experience counts. Bigger the plant you apply to..more will be the expectation.

If you're already doing your Bachelors in Electrical engineering you can add a Masters diploma at the end for DCS / PLC systems and get certified as a DCS SIS Engineer.(Yes it is a lot of work and study).

Hope that answers all.