Cimplicity/MBTCPIP Interface

K

Kirby, Brendan

Good Day, I'm using Cimplicity as my HMI to a control system that uses ModbusTCP as the network protocol. Initially I tested it using Kepware's OPC server (works really well). I recommend that my customers buy the OPC server but some customers have already set up their system using the driver supplied with Cimplicity. Using the driver in the "non-quantum" mode the data transfer works fine but I can't limit the block size requests. My Modbus "slave" device can only handle block sizes under 64 bytes. Has anyone hit/solved this problem? brendan

E
I have read your message on Modbus and Cimplicity. We are trying to talk to a Honeywell UMC800 controller with the Cimplicity driver. You mention that you do that in nonquantum mode. The dropdown menu in Cimplicity gives us the quantum mode option only. How did you get nonquantum mode. Also, what format do you put the address in the address block? Do you somehow put the modbus ID# within this address. Any help will be appreciated. Ed In December 2000, Brendan wrote: > I'm using Cimplicity as my HMI to a control system that uses ModbusTCP as the network protocol. Initially I tested it using Kepware's OPC server (works really well). I recommend that my customers buy the OPC server but some customers have already set up their system using the driver supplied with Cimplicity. Using the driver in the "non-quantum" mode the data transfer works fine but I can't limit the block size requests. My Modbus "slave" device can only handle block sizes under 64 bytes. Has anyone hit/solved this problem?

K

Kirby, Brendan

Ed, Cut from email from Cimplicity support.... For the current version, the following procedure can be used to turn off the probing of memory: 1 .Stop all CIMPLICITY Projects. 2. From the Workbench of the project, open a Command Prompt 3. Type the following commands: cd master idtpop model 4. Using notepad, open the file model.idt, add the following line to the end of the file and then save and exit the file: MB_TCPIP|STAT_PLC|35 5. Type the following command: scpop model 6. Close the command prompt. 7. From the Devices Property Page in the Workbench, the user should change the model of the device to STAT_PLC. 8. Perform a Configuration Update 9. Restart the Project. When you do this, the memory sizes are set at: Hold Regs = 16384 Input Regs = 16384 Input Status Regs = 32767 Coils = 32767 General Ref Regs = 0 If you have any points outside this range, no points will work. for the device number just add in the 4xxxx etc. number. Good luck! Let me know if your still struggling and I'll find my sample "print screen" shots (I think I took some) brendan

No problem. From the workbench, go to tools / command prompt. CD to the master directory. Type idtpop devcom_proc, notepad devcom_proc.idt and change the poll buffer size. Save the file, then scpop devcom_proc and restart CIMPLICITY.