Cimplicity Upgrade Problem

K

kkur

Hello experts,

We have received two new HMI-servers (WinXPpro) for upgrade old HMI WinNT Cimplicity 4.01 SP8b. These new HMIs have the installed Cimplicity 6.1 SP5 and TCI (v4.03.08) software (licensed).

I had done the next adjustments:
* Added C:\site folder from old HMI WinNT to new HMI WinXP-HMI
* Arcnet address set on Arcnet-card.
* We have two unit T1 and T2 (turbines): done mk5make for both unit
* Updated Cimproj.
* Reboot new HMI

After this, I started main screen. GT1 screens indication was correct (all points), indication on GT2 screens was incorrect (same points did not indicating). I checked Point Control Panel of both T1&T2, all points of T2 didn't indicate. And unit T2 TCI applications didn't work.

Could you advise me how can I fix it?

Thanks!!!

Hello kkur

please check the config.dat for the new hmi. Your earlier system would have the ISA type arcnet, now the latest one would have the PSA type arcnet.

So check for the config.dat in you F drive and configure it to PSA arcnet. Check the controller address. Check for the logs in G:\Log.

Ideally there should be no logs. Try and clear the logs.

Hello Dib,
Thanks for your reply!

I have the following data in my Config.dat file. It seems to it’s ok
;
; STAGE
; NETWORK LINK
; UNIT# PROC NUMBER ID
; ----- ---- ------- -----
NETWORK_DATA
1 D 1 FD
2 D 1 FB
;
;
; --- sarting drivers for PCI arcnet card.
; NETWORK NETWORK DEVICE MY
; NUMBER TYPE DRIVER LUN
; ------- ------- -------- ----
;
NETWORK_TYPE
1 STAGELINK CCSI20020Dev1 ****
;

G;\log contains the following data:
After startup Cimproject the UDMHDR1.log registered in G\:Log
07-FEB-2009 17:35:11.236 Truncated list for unit 2 from 3880 to 970 points.
Dropped: E27BLN_ARN,E28FDZ2,E2HH1,E2TV,E2WW,E48,E48DSX,E4BTSTPY,E4BW3Y,E4QEOFF,E4QVZ1A,E62CD,
E62ES,E62TT2,E62WWZ,E83WQY

Have you got any other idea?
Thanks in advance!

What does the Section Unit data shows in Config.dat.
Make sure that the Folder name for T2 is exactly matching with the one mentioned in config.dat under Unit_Data section.(something like this)
UNIT_DATA
1 T1 F:\UNIT1
2 T2 F:\UNIT2

Also make sure that TCI log says..loading data dictionary for T2. If thats is all correct, and your TCI log is good, then you can see if T2 points are there in cimplicity project. If not you have to import them through signal manager and if they are already there, you can try deleting all the points and import them again through signal manager. BUT Make sure you take complete backup before doing so.
Also if you have imported the points again, go to Unit screen in runtime, right click go to "point view" and make sure signal manager has imported all the required T2 points in cimplicity and that you see no red points there.

If it still not coming right, then there is a problem in screen configuration in cimplcity Unit screen. The navigation button to Unit T2 has wrong variable set in that button.

The Cimplicity project updating uncorrect. I have created new Cimproject: used old project adjustment, importation all point for both MarkV (turbines) and etc. All point communicate on-line, so it is working corrected.